Friday 13 May 2016

Tarot reading - We ask the cards

vastuvidhyaThe promise
Originally tarot cards were used for card games and gambling, but it’s believed mystics and occultists in Europe began using tarot as a means of fortune-telling from the 18th century. The last and only time I had my tarot cards read was in high school, with a friend who dabbled. I’ve recently heard a local hippie clothing and accessories shop called Chakra offers tarot readings on the lowdown – it’s not widely publicised and is more a word-of-mouth thing. Sounds intriguing!
The reality
I ask at the counter and a friendly man shows me out the back to meet Pam, a 73-year-old tarot reader with 40 years’ experience.

We sit at a table in a small room and she shuffles the cards to “clear the deck” from its previous reading, while she gives me a bit of background. She tells me tarot helps people with what’s going on in their lives. “It’s a bit like counselling,” she says. “Tarot’s about using intuition to predict the future.”
She asks me my birth date and star sign and so we begin. The next 20 minutes or so is kind of intense. At intervals I’m asked to select cards and she arranges them in various patterns on the table, pointing at particular cards that give her information about my life. We cover a lot of ground: career, love, home, family and health.
The pay-off
If you go with it, it’s a bit magical and mystical – and it’s certainly an experience.
The pain factor
It can be a bit heart-rending to have your life up for discussion.
Who should do it?
If you’re looking for an alternative way of reflecting on your past, present and future, this is pretty unique.
Tarot Card Reader indore
Tarot Reader indore
Tarot Expert indore
Best Tarot Reader indore

No comments:

Post a Comment